Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

beckett oil furnace, no hot water in summer

Options
2»

Comments

• roadrunner1980
    roadrunner1980 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    So after calling one guy he say I’m to far from him. The other guy I called. His secretary said they would call me back but never did. And I call back twice. So I’ve got a multi meter to try and figure this out. Don’t no if this helps but when I get a bit of wire and jump t to tv the pump kicks on
  • roadrunner1980
    Options
    @alan welch. When I jump the 2 white wires yes the boiler fires up
  • roadrunner1980
    edited June 2019
    Options
    So when I put a wire from TV to T the relay clicks. when I join a wire from tv to t and put a tester from B2 to Z I’m getting 24 volts. When I test C1 to C2 I’m getting 120 volts . If that all makes sense. From the temperature Controll B to burner B2 I have 24 volts. I can’t test burner B1 to B2 as the B1 is a slot and not a screw. Or is their a way I can test it
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    So you're basically saying if you jump TT on the aquastat, everything works fine. Burner starts and the water heater circulator starts.
    Do the black wires connected to 1 and 3 on the relay go to T and TV or T and W on the aquastat?
    The wires connected to 2 and 4 on the relay go to TT on the primary?
    The brown wire at TT on the primary goes to the house thermostat?
    Try removing the wires from the water heater thermostat and twist and wire nut or tape those wires together. First turn the power off. Then turn the power on. If everything starts then the thermostat on the water heater is faulty.
  • roadrunner1980
    Options
    If I jump TV and T the pump starts but the burner does not fire. So from the small relay behind the main shut off switch, the black wires leaving 1&3 go to burner B1&B2. The black wires going from TV and T go to the thermostat on the tank. I twisted the wires at the tank and still no fire
  • roadrunner1980
    Options
    If I do this the boiler fires no problem
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    The more things are coming out of the woodwork, the more you need a pro. It's not right.
    Try the contractors again. Its busy this time of year so hang tight. Some things are worth waiting for, or you might get a repeat of what you already have. And what you have ain't purdy.
    A steam/oil pro (because theres a lot more going on there than the no hot water situation) should come in, rewire the system correctly, check all safeties and limits. Tune up the burner, combustion test, etc.
    If I came out to correct the wiring, you would have to sign one hell of a disclaimer stating it's ok for me to turn a blind eye to the rest of the system.
    I'm pretty limited on steam but I don't think the pigtail should be horizontal. So there's things like that that a pro can fix, making your system purr, thereby saving fuel. Maybe you'll be so happy you'll have someone reliable to come back and do the maintenance next year.
    roadrunner1980