Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Free Historic Home !

Options
2»

Comments

• Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Current Update: The new owners have replumbed the house, rewired the electric, water and electric power are back on. Front and rear porches have been rebuilt, shake shingle on the top half of the house, above the granite stone is being scraped/power washed for painting and in the next week or so, the carriage house is being raised and a new foundation poured under it. They are making great progress!
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the update...any running total on costs they may be willing to share?
    Of course, pics :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,713
    Options

Thanks for the update...any running total on costs they may be willing to share?

I'm betting 40 large.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    ChrisJ said:

I'm betting 40 large.
    We estimated about $100K to 120K total. Not bad for a free home with an estimated appraised value of around $250K when finished. They may be slightly less given the new owner's Uncle owns a construction and restoration business and is handling all the major work. @STEVEusaPA, when done, I will ask them to share their total investment with me.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,338
    Options
    Thank you!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • vaporvac
    vaporvac Member Posts: 1,520
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm still thinking about a mini-tube for this one! Good job shepherding this through!
    Two-pipe Trane vaporvacuum system; 1466 edr
    Twinned, staged Slantfin TR50s piped into 4" header with Riello G400 burners; 240K lead, 200K lag Btus. Controlled by Taco Relay and Honeywell RTH6580WF