Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Dead Men's Steam School Tomorrow!
is coming out of retirement to give his Dead Men's Steam School seminar on Tuesday, April 30
at AEC BuildTech Conference & Expo
in Rosemont, Illinois. Register here.
This all-technical seminar will make you familiar with the many types of old steam heating systems and what goes wrong with them. Dan Holohan's easy-to-follow explanations will have you seeing inside these old systems. You'll be a much better troubleshooter after this one. If you have to deal with America's older steam systems, you’re going to love this course.
We’ll look at:
- Steam heating loads
- Steam radiation of all kinds
- Boiler ratings
- Proper near-boiler piping
- The importance of water quality
- All sorts of system piping
- The value of pipe insulation
- Balancing systems with properly sized air vents
- Curing water hammer once and for all
- Getting the water back into the boiler
- Pressure settings
- Steam traps
And plenty of good stories to pull all of this together. You won't be bored!