Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

FAILURE OF THE BACK OF FURNACE/ABILITY TO SEE FIRE FROM THE REAR OF FURNACE

Options
JF19
JF19 Member Posts: 1
Good Evening.......

I was shown a picture of an oil fired furnace that had some sort of failure of the housing/casing around the furnace it self, when in the rear you looked at it, it had melted away towards the bottom and you could see the active fire in the furnace. you could see the layers of material burnt/melted away around it the opening, which was about 2 ft in diameter around. it was in the bottom center of the rear. I have looked on line for anything similar and have found nothing. The furnace is fully functional and if you looked at it from the front would never know it had an issue unless you saw the glow from the rear. It has since been removed and there is no hazard, nor was there any fire to the structure. I was looking to see if anyone had any information on the failure of these units. It appeared that it failed form the outside in which lead to the degradation of the unit producing the opening. I don't have the model name at present, put possibly its a beckett. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance

Comments