Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mitsubishi Kumo Station

2»

Comments

• Backroader83
    Backroader83 Member Posts: 2
    Gary, the installers figured out how to connect my selected boiler zones to the Kumo station, so that part is done. My house has four zones but they originally only ran 1 wire to the boiler to run all 4 zones. The problem was that all of the 4 zones don't have minisplit units, only 2 do. Anyway, new issues I'm having. The Auto mode is not functioning. The boiler is not turning on after it dips below the set temperature. They even came in and replaced the Kumo station yesterday because they thought that it was malfunctioning. But, it's still not turning my furnace on in AUTO mode. The moment I switch the Kumo station channel to "ON", the furnace fires right up. I think the installers are completely mind boggled. Have you heard of anything like this? Why would the Kumo station turn on my boiler in the On mode, but not in Auto? I have the temperature set to turn on the boiler when the outdoor temp reaches 25 degrees or below. It's been much colder than that, including last night. I woke up and the outdoor sensor was reading 9 degrees. My indoor thermostats are set to 66 degrees when running off oil heat, but I woke up and it was 54 degrees inside and no heat. So, keeping the Kumo station set to "On" until this gets resolved.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    ah yes, your hvac guy is new to the Station? There is a 'rub your belly and pat your head' trick to get it to work. Are they moving dip 5 to 'on' when they start up the kumo? Are they setting up the Kumo for the station as a 'back up heater"?

The first time I did one, I had to sit on the phone for about 2 hours with Mits, it was a glorious day.

When you click it to 'on' you are simply closing the contactor. ON is full time boiler call, no matter what, and Off is just that- it will never call the boiler, no matter what.

Auto---that's where the Station does its thing.

Did they disconnect your original stat? I leave old old stats in place, and encourage the homeowner to just set it down 5 degrees or so. (in case there's an issue)
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • AndyStation
    AndyStation Member Posts: 1
    Gary, have you recently had any troubles with Kumo stations? About a year ago I noticed that previously perfectly working second stage backup heaters stopped kicking in. Any and all troubleshooting failed - indoor units just keep blasting hot air when the outdoor temp had dropped significantly below "backup only" temperature and after all possible timeouts. If you flip the switches on the front panel, the back up zones kick in. If you flip NO-NC dip switches, the zones do again kick in. That indicates the wiring is in order. But whatever else you try, the Kumo station just wouldn't switch to backup. I'm pretty sure the issue is somewhere in software, but then it shouldn't be isolated to my setup. 
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Try this kind of rub your belly pat your head
    https://youtu.be/DiFEFL6ThRI
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    Andy i have not heard of any issues
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • gina708
    gina708 Member Posts: 1
    Another MA resident who got KUMO for the rebate. I don’t want to use it, so all buttons on the KUMO station are set to OFF. That’s correct, right? With KUMO off, do wall sensors still work?
    Thanks!