Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Baseboards not getting warm

rx7145
rx7145 Member Posts: 7
I’m having problems with some of my baseboards not getting hot.

I’m in the process of installing some zone valves in my system to separate the upstairs, downstairs and a radiant floor zone. During the install of the valves I must have gotten some air in the system as the baseboards in the basement that run off zone B are not getting hot. I have bled them multiple times and every hooked up a hose to “power flush” the system which seemed to help for a little while but they went clod a short time later.

This is a mono-flow system with the main line 1” and the runners 3/4. I’m wondering if the old (65’) balance valves could be my problem? I’m including some pictures and a diagram of my system.

Thanks for any help.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7mnVeyxvDJnR84446

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    I’ve been jammed on that, you have air somewhere. You could hook up a fire engine to purge and it won’t work. Just look at the system and think if you were air, wheee would you hide. You bled all the bb units? Sometimes the bb will sag the wrong way
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    On the monoflo loop, did you bleed the rads themselves?
    Bleeding the rads can be a pain. Try raising the pressure to 25 psi and bleed. It helps with 2 people. 1 to bleed, 1 to keep the pressure up. Set back to 12 psi when done.
    Did you alter the monoflo loop at all? That's a whole different story. If so, you'll need to show what was done.
    Ironman
  • rx7145
    > @HVACNUT said:
    > On the monoflo loop, did you bleed the rads themselves?
    > Bleeding the rads can be a pain. Try raising the pressure to 25 psi and bleed. It helps with 2 people. 1 to bleed, 1 to keep the pressure up. Set back to 12 psi when done.
    > Did you alter the monoflo loop at all? That's a whole different story. If so, you'll need to show what was done.

I added the zone valves. (See pictures) I’ll take some better ones as well soon.

I have blead the baseboards many times. There are bleeders in the ceiling. I’ll take a picture of them as well.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    edited January 2019
    rx, I saw the pics, there's a lot going on there. Those crusty valves near that threaded steel piping- that could be some of the trouble. One needs to 'force' water into every single piping route. If the zones are 'split', then we need to isolate the splits and get each section purged.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • rx7145
    Had a local heating company over to look Friday and they couldn't figure it out as well.

But I figured it out today. The zone valve was not opening all the way. I was just using the manual lever, using the electronic opening system it works fine. Don’t that beat all.
    Adolfo2