Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is this ok ?

Options
Utica usc4lp... pilot assembly seems to be crooked and shooting pilot flame towards 11 o clock. Aquastat set at 180 but I’ve only seen boiler temp reach 130.. should I straighten that out and do you think it will help boiler get up to full temp ?

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    Your pilot should have a flame out of each side at about 11 and 1 o'clock. It looks like it needs cleaned and the flame sensor that is part of it.

Once the burner is lite the pilot has done its job.
    Does the full burner stay on for the entire time of heat call?
    If it cycles on and off every few minutes then your flame sensor may need cleaning.

But if you have constant fire then some other control is limiting you to 130.
    The 130 will not provide enough heat?
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    No, please don't try to "straighten" the pilot hood; it's supposed to be that way.

As JUGHNE as mentioned, it's probably a control setting that limiting the water temp to 130*. Assuming that the gauge you're using is accurate.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • newhouse34
    newhouse34 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Ok thank you for some good responses .. the reason I looked to begin with was because the boiler was malfunctioning and I found a soot buildup on the flame sensor. After removing that it worked pretty well. I thought it may have got the buildup from the crooked part. It seems like the pilot and burners stay on the whole time it’s warming. It is heating things as it should but I didn’t know if something was wrong with it only going to 130
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    You should have the boiler and cleaned inspected and combustion test done buy a professional I'd that's the case.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • newhouse34
    newhouse34 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Yea I’d love to if I had the money haha ... luckily it’s in my barn so nobody is in there often but I’d still like it to work good obviously..thank you