Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit

Warren Webster radiators, trap inserts

Mike_SheppardMike_Sheppard Posts: 468Member
edited January 12 in THE MAIN WALL
I’ve attached several pictures of the radiator (convectors?)

This customer has hundreds of these in his building. Probably half of them are passing steam into the returns. Some area cracked and leaking.

Is there anywhere to buy replacements? What kind of trap inserts will fit? Are there replacements for the supply valve?
Never stop learning.


  • Jamie HallJamie Hall Posts: 10,451Member
    Oh @Sailah ! Check with Barnes & Jones -- they have replacement innards for almost all common traps.

    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.

    Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
  • SteamheadSteamhead Posts: 12,974Member
    edited January 12
    The replacement parts in the pic look like Barnes & Jones- just get the same part number.

    Regarding the leaky elements- I think those are cast iron, not sure if they can be welded shut. If not, get a replacement element from Beacon-Morris, Governale, OCS etc. of the same physical size, and install a separate trap and, if needed, shutoff valve.

    Also, if traps are failing quickly, the steam pressure may be too high.
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    "Reducing our country's energy consumption, one system at a time"
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
    Baltimore, MD (USA) and consulting anywhere.
  • retiredguyretiredguy Posts: 28Member
    The manifolds for those convector coils are probably brass which can be silver soldered. Buying the replacement traps has been answered by others
  • SailahSailah Posts: 791Member
    The part number of cage unit (4330) is stamped on the B&J cover. The cover only needs replacing once. So if you are just swapping cage units order 4330. If you have original WW covers, you'd need to order 4330 (cage unit) and 4330C (cover)
    Peter Owens
  • Mike_SheppardMike_Sheppard Posts: 468Member
    Thank you all! Much appreciated
    Never stop learning.
Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!