Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Power vent motor runs too long

Options
aamco101
aamco101 Member Posts: 8
I have a power vent inducer motor on my boiler and I want to install a control that still allows the pre- 5-10 second run time and an adjustable post fire control that will allow me to shut off the inducer motor 5 minutes after the burner turns off. The currently Fields control SWG-4 inducer is wired only to the device manager on the EK boiler, there are no other controls for the inducer motor. I have attached the wiring diagrams. Does anyone have a recommendation on a control device and how to wire it? Would the following control provide me with both pre and post run time?

TJERNLUND PRODUCTS, INC.
1601 Ninth Street • White Bear Lake, MN 55110-6794
PHONE (800) 255-4208 • (651) 426-2993 • FAX (651) 426-9547
Visit our web site • www.tjernlund.com
24/120 VAC INPUT (10 SECOND TO 10 MINUTE)
ADJUSTABLE TIMER/RELAY
PART NUMBER 950-1067

Thank you for your help!

The following is a Reply from previous post: Manager operation is as follows: If the burner locks out the 140º temp bar starts flashing, Inducer (if there is one), burner and circulator lights are on. After 20 minutes the burner light goes off and the monitor light comes on. All zone outputs (excluding ZHW) come on. After 25 minutes the inducer goes off.

If the power venter is non-EK supplied it is recommended to follow the manufacturer's wiring instructions, in which case the above timing does not apply.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Dont alter the wiring or the inducer. EK has a reason for the extended run time.
    The last zone with a heat demand will continue until the return temp drops to 140 or 120 depending on the dip switch setting.
    The EK is designed with efficiency as a priority so changing their specs will probably cost you some efficiency and possibly void any warranty.
    Contact EK.
    @Roger is President of EK. He and others from EK often chime in here to help.
    kcoppratio