Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Venting short take off to radiators

adasilva
adasilva Member Posts: 144
Approximately 8' to 10' of 1.25" piping to radiators with the exception of the upstairs which are 15' long. Question is this, would it be worth installing T's and a vent to purge the air out of them? I'm thinking this might be more of a personal preference? If anything maybe the runs to the second floor might be worth doing. The shorter runs maybe a more aggressive vent on the rad itself? Thoughts?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 15,334
    Personally I wouldn't bother. Not enough air in there to make much difference. A multistory -- four or five story -- bigger riser might be top vented, though to advantage.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England.
    Hoffman Equipped System (all original except boiler), Weil-Mclain 580, 2.75 gph Carlin, Vapourstat 0.5 -- 6.0 ounces per square inch
    adasilva
  • adasilva
    @Jamie Hall my thoughts exactly. Seems like more effort for no gain! Merry Christmas!
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,319
    Do you have any TRVS @adasilva?
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,513
    I'm with @Jamie Hall on this. It is mostly a waste of time and money.
    adasilva
  • adasilva
    @Danny Scully no sir I do not, is this something I should think about? Although to be honest its nice and toasty in my daughter's room and spare bedroom upstairs.
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,319
    Not necessarily something you need to be thinking about. It’s just good to master vent TRVS which would mean venting the risers.
    adasilva
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 8,496
    If anything vent the tops of the second floor risers if you have any up their that are slow to heat
    adasilva