Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cycleguard question

Options
So since I repiped my boiler this fall I have noticed that frequently at least during the shoulder months I would hear the boiler shut down due to the intermittent water level check. The boiler would then restart and run for 2-3 seconds and then shut down. After that it would not restart for quite a while. My theory is that the thermostat is being satisfied during the check period but the cycle guard has to complete its cycle and at least refire for a couple seconds? It's hard to believe that that coincidence could happen so often because it happens a lot. I havent taken the time to run upstairs and check the thermostat each time it happens but since it never goes back on soon after, I am assuming the thermostat is satisfied.

The other weird thing is that I dont think I can ever recall it happening previously with the same boiler. However now that I am piped properly everything heats up much faster than before so maybe now I'm just in that sweet spot where the thermostat is getting satisfied right at that 20 minute mark.

Sounds like another reason to ditch the cycleguard but was wondering if anyone knows if that is a normal cycleguard quirk.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Ditch the CycleGard and get a SafeGuard.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    1Matthiasquestion