Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

low water but not really (update)

Options
Grallert
Grallert Member Posts: 644
My #1 boiler has been running for about fifty hours with not issues mentioned in my previous post. Seems I over dosed the poor old thing.
I drained the boiler and refilled with clean water, a half day task. I must have added too much chem when I put the boilers to bed in the spring,. I have no idea the affect it would have.
We use RMC OS-125 O2 scavenger and RMC BFW-504 Boiler corrosion and scale inhibitor. I'll fire the #2 boiler after the break. Now all I have to do is dial in the chem pump.
Thanks you guys for the input and ideas. I come the this sight to learn something every day.
Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    And your experience can be a lesson for all of us on the dangers of over medication!—NBC
    Grallert
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,283
    Options
    Good show. Easy enough to do, but a bear to fix! Did you ever do anything with that trap survey?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options

Good show. Easy enough to do, but a bear to fix! Did you ever do anything with that trap survey?

No other than find them all. The issues I was having around the time of your visit seem to have left campus. I don't recall what I did if anything to make that part of my life easier other than continue to get the pressure down. One boiler is still pushing 2psi and I know there is no need for that. Next service I'll have the tech lower the firing rate a tad I think. That's out of my wheel house.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker