Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rinnai board in use light

Options
joeyp
joeyp Member Posts: 3
Hello, just bought a house with hydronic heating. Doing some construction and my contractors burned the grundfos pumps due to running the system with low water. I replaced the main grundfos pump and the 2 small pumps that feed 2 manifolds. Represurized the system and turned it on. I am getting water flowing, no leaks and the Rinnai RL94 turns on when I plug it in and reads 120 and priority as it used to. The problem is the in use button isnt kicking on and the water isnt heating up. The board is only a year old. Anyone smarter than me have any ideas?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,313
    Options
    Double check all your wiring
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • joeyp
    Options
    I just used a multi meter on the pumps and I am getting voltage on each one. The rinnai is just a plug in. I also see the floats on the return manifolds moving so that is why I know I am getting flow. I also just cleaned the screen on the inlet side of the rinnai board.
  • joeyp
    Options
    I dont know what happened but I pulled the inline filter from the Rinnai and cleaned it, let the water drain a little and now it works.