Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

steam pressure

Options
Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
towards the end of the summer I installed a union steam boiler, I never looked at the pressure troll, customer called me up said pipes where banging and water spitting out. I went over there the pressure troll was maxed out. the question is did he home owner touch it, was it set like that from factory or was that just a fluke. I put it down to the factory minimum with 1 .5 differential and waited an hour, everything was fine after that? Again was that odd or did someone touch it?

Comments

• Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options
    It's been my experience that the factory shipping setting is set at maximum. I often wondered why that was until I realized that they're set high so they don't rattle loose and come apart during shipping.
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,415
    Options
    thanks for the quick response and it makes sense, to make a funny, when the washing machine came to my house I did the new valves and some copper but I didn't take the shipping bolts out of the drum, needless to say when it went to rinse the machine vibrated like a junkie having a seizer, took the shipping bolts out, everything is fine .
    Grallert