Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anyone know where I can buy SteaMaster tablets?

baj702
baj702 Member Posts: 44
I can't seem to find them for sale online?

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,276
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • baj702
    baj702 Member Posts: 44
    @Jamie Hall Thanks, I have some of that. Is that the same as the tablets? The 8-way really makes my boiler surge...?
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    You might call Barnes and Jones. They may have a few bottles left. I know @Sailah bought a few cases of it while he was still there and I think they had some left.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,276
    baj702 said:

@Jamie Hall Thanks, I have some of that. Is that the same as the tablets? The 8-way really makes my boiler surge...?

Which is exactly why I don't use it. A little tiny bit goes a long long way... I think the tablets may have been discontinued. You could try contacting Rectorseal directly.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,295
    I pick mine up from Sid Harvey’s
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
    CLambNew England SteamWorks
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    I a bottle from FW webb. Needed to order it.
    New England SteamWorks
  • I found steamaster tablets on Amazon.
    It’s important to follow their instructions only halfway, to avoid surging, and check your Ph.
    Drain out the first treated water of either one, and try a smaller dose, one tablet at a time.—NBC
  • Sailah
    Sailah Member Posts: 826
    I know when i left Barnes and Jones there was a case there. I doubt anything has changed. Probably could buy them but would need to pay for shipping.

I ended up buying 3 cases from one of my distributors because rectorseal would not sell to us. Everyone says they are discontinued but i had no issue getting them.

It was much easier when i had them on amazon with prime shipping. Im pretty sure i lost money on every bottle B)
    Peter Owens
    SteamIQ
  • They are not discontinued. Just hard to source.
    New England SteamWorks
    Service, Installation, & Restoration of Steam Heating Systems
    newenglandsteamworks.com