Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar Knight KB106 - maintenance required 'call'

Options
gater4456
gater4456 Member Posts: 4
KB 106 is new 3 years old. First 2 years were brutal, always dealing with temp dif issues and it shutting down. Finally got that fixed after talking to Lochinvar and replacing a sensor. BUT NOW, I have a yellow screen with 'maintenance required' shown... NO WAY am I going through another contractor search for this thing, 90% out there have no idea on these new systems. Can't I just 're-start' the system to get rid of the yellow screen? It's running great, heating great, and finally working as advertised. I'm really nervous to have anyone come here and do any 'maintenance' to it. Plus, it's only 3 years old! I was told I can re-start it and that screen should go away. Thoughts? Easy way to restart?

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    That is a timed reminder that is programmed into the control.
    If you go to the service manual, there is a section that tells you how to reset, disable or change the timing of the reminder.

On the other hand. Having your boiler cleaned and calibrated with a combustion analyzer is a great idea and will give you a more efficient and reliable boiler.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    DZoroTinmandelta T
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    Options
    Also condensing units REQUIRE annual maintenance to clean out the condensate drains and internal passageways so that the slime won't build up and block exhaust gases which could cause carbon monoxide to back up into the building.

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    It's been 3 years operating, it's time to have it cleaned and tuned if needed. Do yourself a favor and do some research for a contractor who has a combustion analyzer, and hopefully at least is familiar with Lochinvar. It's important for your system, have the tech print out the report, or at least write down all of the readings. Those numbers tell the health of your system. Post them on here, and keep the record with your boiler. Also good to note the outdoor temperature at the time of the readings.
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It's also a good idea for any technician and company, it proves the CO level in the exhaust and other conditions at that time.

How many times have we seen a service ticket that said:

V&O, check all, 0 smoke, runs good