Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heating only wifi stats

Options
MikeJ
MikeJ Member Posts: 103
Hello all,
Looking for heating only wifi stat will need about 4 of them.
Seen the Tekmar 561, has anyone use them? If so likes or dislikes?
Price is a bit high
Open to suggestions
Thank You
Mike

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,642
    Options
    Honeywell stats can be set to heating only, some are native WiFi, others (RedLINK wireless models) can be internet enabled via a RedLINK internet gateway (max 4 stats per gateway), if they're reasonably close to the gateway. I've never hit the distance limit in residential or commercial work except for once, about 100 yards in a busy warehouse chock full of RF for the material handling systems.
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Options
    What sort of system would these be used on? Is it for comfort or economy?—NBC
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    I've had great luck with the Honeywell focusPro 6000 wifi thermostats for about $100. For touchscreen thermostats I've also installed the Honeywell 9000 series. Both have an app that even I can setup which says something!

Run at least 3 conductors for the basic W, R, and C wires for a single stage heat thermostat. I run a minimum of 4 conductors to any thermostat, just in case.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    As a note on the Tekmar, it is good stuff although I've not used their wifi stuff due to the good price/reliability I've have with Honeywell. Tekmar is not known to be the most user-friendly stuff in general, geared toward the engineer. I've used many Tekmar controls for stand alone building HVAC control systems.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • MikeJ
    MikeJ Member Posts: 103
    Options
    @ nicholas bonham-carter , more for comfort, my try some set back with. Going to be for my house I'm an HVAC contractor.

Been Installing staple up in the house for a while smile: , have staple up hot water pex under- wood , carpet and tile floors. Multi-temperatures with mixing valves.

Plus I put it under the gradient counters in the kitchen. Why not smiley:

Just a way to monitor temperatures and make temperature adjustments,

@ratio @Solid_Fuel_Man, I like the H/W products may go with them, maybe the 9000 in the visible areas and 6000 in the not.
    Plus they will work with my Alexa