Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Free Cast iron radiators

Options
gmam
gmam Member Posts: 9
Taking down home in Wantagh N.Y. home has steam system with 6-8 cast iron radiators. Hate to see them go to dump. Radiators still installed so you would have to cut them out of system. If interested please let me know.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Got any pics?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • gmam
    Options
    No but are in good shape.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,708
    Options
    Who's cutting them out if someone doesn't want them and they go to the dump?

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • gmam
    Options
    Whole house demo. New construction.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Pics would show what sizes they are and whether they are steam only or hot water or steam.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Danny Scully
    Danny Scully Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    @gmam, what’s going in their place?
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    A new house.
    Steve Minnich
  • The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    Options
    Why not put steam in the new house via a minitube system and just reuse them.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,708
    Options

Why not put steam in the new house via a minitube system and just reuse them.

Because most people are lazy and cheap.

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    1MatthiasSeanBeans
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    On LI (which is where the OP is), a new house with steam would be a tough sell. It's pretty much all scorched air, (less and less) hot water baseboard and radiant here. God forbid you lose wall space because of a radiator!!

Finding a steam tech here would be rough too... probably have to get one in from Brooklyn or Queens.
  • Bio
    Bio Member Posts: 278
    Options
    I’m looking for a four or five sections, do you have any pictures?
  • ImYoungxD
    ImYoungxD Member Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm interested but I need radiators small, thin radiators to fit in an enclosure that had copper fin tubes. Would be great if you provided pictures.

Thanks