Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Good news and bad news....

Been posting recently about new h/e and repiping my boiler. Finally 100% done. Look s good as far as I can tell. Now the bad news, filled her up turned on power, called for heat Heard a click at the lwco, amber and green light illuminated for about a second and then nothing. If I drain the water, the amber light will illuminate when water goes low. Heading out to get my meter and dig into it but thought I might throw this out there and see if anyone with more controls experience can offer some ideas. I did not use tape when I installed the probe but I don't know if I used dope "sparingly". I hear the probes can be sensitive.

Probe is a cycle guard cg400. No automatic feeder hooked up to it.

Comments

• FredFred Member Posts: 8,373
    Cyclegards are a pia. Check to make sure there is a good ground. How long did you wait after the green light went out? I think the Cyclegard has a delay (several minutes, supposedly to allow any foaming to drop away from the probe to make sure the water level is ok) before it allows the boiler to re-fire. Safegards are the better option.
    Ironman
  • STEAM DOCTORSTEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,032
    If I remember correctly the green light will only go on during a test cycle. It could be any number of issues. I am assuming that the boiler is not firing even though you're calling for heat with the thermostat. Do you have an electronic ignition or a standing pilot?
  • rwilson2526rwilson2526 Member Posts: 16
    Never mind, I'm an idiot. There is a splice in my thermostat wire that must of came undone when I was rerouting everything. All good news for now. Thanks everyone.
    kcopp