Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

POOL HEATER BOUNCING OFF THE PAD

Options
Jackmartin
Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
I had an interesting call a few days ago for a pool heater. Maynard 250k cast iron ,power pile. The call was in the Westgate area, this is the old money section of the city. I have done quite a few calls there and ,unlike the new money section of town ,I have never had a bad customer. The lady said when her boiler cut in it sounded like it was full of squirrels. I assumed, talking to her ,she had a draft inducer and the motor was gone. After I took the whole boiler apart and cleaned the pilot I finally had the chance to hear “squirrels”. Started it up and this thing is trying to jump off the pad and banging like mad. I have never run into this before. I trouble shot the water supply to the boiler off the pool filter and you could hear and feel the cavitation. The boiler was getting slug after slug of air. I told her I am not a pool service person and she said not to worry the pool was being drained next week. We do not have a lot of outside pools here as it is too cold most of the year, interesting call. All the best Jack
Mike

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,844
    Options
    Certainly seems like a pool pump problem. There should be a flow switch or sensor that prevents the burners from firing if no agua.
    kcoppZman