Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Strange pop/bang noise in condensor loop
Myself and mechanical company having an issue with a secondary condenser loop (RETURN SIDE ONLY) We brought in a SONIC imagine camera to pint point the area and this is what it came up with. Here are some facts on the system.
1) The water temp ranges from 72 supply - 82 degrees return
2) We have replaced these expansion joints already
3) Water treatment is good
4) Pump operation verified Okay
5) System supplies heat pumps with condenser water
6) During winter- we inject hot water into the cold loop (I thought it was related to that but the problem continues into cooling season)
7) Some of the best mechanical minds have looked at this and have not been able to solve.