Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cast iron rub mark on tile?

Options
Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
Any thoughts on getting a cast iron rub mark off a white tile? Easy enough to replace if not.
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• Leonard
    Leonard Member Posts: 903
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Never tried it but they have little bottles of stain remover for different laundry stains. I've use the one for removing rust from cloth, worked great. But sounds like your stain is not rust yet, just metalic smear of metal right now.

I'ld mark a spare tile as a test piece and try it first though. I've accidentally marked old cast iron bathtubs with metal smear of razor blades . never could get the gray smear off. Guess tub had a porciline coating. Would GUESS you might be able to buff it out with an abrasive.

I've tried muratic acid but that didn't seem to work. I took the chrome plating off the tub fixture when it went down the drain though.
    ratio
  • invermont
    invermont Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Cerama bryte?
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    A regular old rubbing compound, like the ones used on car finishes. You may have to put a coat of paste wax on that spot afterwards.
  • Alan Welch
    Alan Welch Member Posts: 268
    Options
    Magic Eraser has removed lots of different stains for me.
    ratioJUGHNEMark Eatherton
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Iron out :D

Is the tile smooth, or irregular?
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    Fine grain pumice stone bar, AKA "Ladies Aid (or helper)" will clean china really well. Use with some water though.