Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

After 27 years, today is my last day with Rinnai...

Options
Jack
Jack Member Posts: 1,047
In my Manuf. Rep business, I introduced the Rinnai line to the six New England States in '91. I represented them for 20 years and sold my part of the agency in '11 and moved West, chasing my children. Since that time I have been a consultant to Rinnai. I have never been a direct employee. Professionally, Rinnai has been the best thing to happen to me and I have loved selling and supporting their products. It has been a great ride! I'll be 70 soon and my wife says I am retiring. I am not so sure. She likes me, but she doesn't like me all the time;)
GBart

Comments

• RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,491
    Options
    @Jack Good luck on the next chapter in your life.
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    Options
    Good luck and congratulations, go see America, she's amazing
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done and achieving retirement. Relax, enjoy yourself. I still have a few years left in me.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,293
    Options
    Congratulations, Jack!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Jack.
    Good Luck to you. You have always been a great asset to the Wall and to many tradesfolk.
    Thanks for all your hard work.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,544
    Options
    Congratulations, Jack. We look forward to hearing about the next chapter.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Congrats! I hope Rinnai recognized your 20 years of dedication and commitment. Now go have a blast!
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Jack,

Well done, from your posts I would not have guessed you 70. Enjoy some time off, but stay on the wall, we need your help!!

Tom
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    Canuckerkcopp
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    Elegantly done, Jack!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    Congratulations Jack!
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,304
    Options
    Hi Jack, It sounds like you've got or are formulating plans for ways to stay in hot water somehow! Are you considering writing "The Ultimate Guide to Tankless Heaters", or...? B)

Yours, Larry
    kcopp
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Jack you will be greatly missed. I have sure enjoyed my association with you over the years. You have always been a great help to me and to others. The training sessions you did for me were some of the best I have experienced. You always emphasized the hands on approach to learning. Thanks for everything enjoy retirement. I should be following you soon.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,963
    Options
    Congrats Jack. Yes Great product. Put in many. Mad Dog
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Well played, Jack. Don't be a stranger around here, you have a lot to share, retired or not.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Congratulations on your retirement Jack. I wish I could have had more training from you , but am glad I had at least the one. You are going to be missed for sure. Have some much deserved fun, and spend more time with your family.
    Rick
  • Jack
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words. Tim, we do go back some;) Rick I may yet make it back to Alaska. All four of the West Coast Reps have asked if I would consider helping out occasionally. I will also speak with some of the local contractors. Everyone is short handed today and if there is an occasional nice pipe job they need help with I'd go for that. A "Guide", Larry, probably not but I may do some videos. At this point, anything I do will be part-time. Well, other than hanging out here!! Again, Thanks! Oh, and Dan, there was nothing elegant about it. Far from it!
    kcopp
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    Options
    27 years, you say? It's about time! I can see you don't like to make snap decisions. May God bless your future!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    Jack, you will always be an elegant fellow in my eyes. Thanks for the memories.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Jack
    Options
    It is kind of you to say so.