Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

small space wood stove

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
I bought this Canadian built Cubic wood stove for a camper project I'm working on. About a 12" cube, burns 4-1/2" long pieces of wood.

Of course I'll add a small external hw loop somehow.
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream
ChrisJkcopp

Comments

• njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    Nice I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wood stove that small.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    Maybe mean't for a doll's house?--NBC
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    6-14 k not bad. 3” flue pipe. Secondary combustion chamber.
  • the_donut
    the_donut Member Posts: 374
    Options
    Cute, reminds me of the one at my in laws. There’s is about twice that size built into a brick bench. Heats the room alright, that’s about it.
  • Gordy
    Options
    There are a few others. This one has a good price point compared to similar sized ones out there.
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    That is cute. Had one similar to that in our fish house back in high school. My first attempt at in-floor heat was this, 1/2" pex at 6" using aluminum foil rolled into grooves routered into the subfloor and overlaid with 1/4" lauan and thin carpet. Used a 12v potable water pump and welded a.... thing.... on the top of the stove to act as a heat exchanger. The thing was a series of 3/4" square tube basically running back and forth 12" all the way through and water came out hot on the other side. Was a pretty cool design for a stupid 17 year old kid in shop class lol. 4 of us owned it together and spent every weekend on the lake in winters, the little fella never let us freeze!
    ratio
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Gordy said:

There are a few others. This one has a good price point compared to similar sized ones out there.

I did shop around the marine, RV, and tiny home sites for these small wood burners. This brand seems to get the best reviews, and have replaced some of the more expensive stainless marine types in some cases. Incredible price, especially with the current exchange rate.

I had planned on picking it up at the factory and traveling home with it as carry on, to save the shipping cost. A bout of the flu postponed that trip.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Gordy
    edited March 2018
    Options
    There are some that approach the cost of a full size unit.........I think feeding it as a primary heat source could be an hourly chore, but that involves just a five gallon bucket of wood chunks for half a day :)