Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Will Tekmar 519 thermostat “play nice” with ODR injection controller ?

billyboy
billyboy Member Posts: 152
My new house build, zone 5, downstairs 2x slab zones + 1 higher temperature suspended upstairs zone.

Burnham ESC3 boiler heats a 79 gallon dual coil Viessman indirect via lower coil under aquastat control.

This tank provides the house DHW and acts as a buffer tank between the boiler and the system.

The top coil provides system heat under control of an Erie BB3000 ODR injection pump control.

The injection pump hot water is mixed with return cooler water in my DIY Hydraulic Separator
(air valve on top, fine SS mesh inside, magnetic drain on bottom)

The Erie BB3000 control is programmed with the higher temperature ramp required by the upstairs zone.
I am doing a proportional temperature mix down for the slab zones with a 3-way manual globe valve.

I plan to use Tekmar 519 thermostats with slab sensors for the downstairs.

As they are smart (learning) PWM thermostats, will the ODR variable water temperatures confuse them or will they work fine ?

Thanks BBP

Comments

• billyboy
    Am using a Tekmar 150 for WWSD at 65*F

All 3 zones have their own ECM pumps with constant circulation in 8 month +- heating season.

Pumps will be set on low power as all 15x loops are well under 180’

Am using the 3-way ZV idea that HR gave me, when ON they also move the water through the secondary side of the Hydraulic Seperator.

Taco ZVC with any end switch sending heat request to the BB3000
  • billyboy
    This house has very good insulation, R49 closed cell SPF on under side of the roof sheathing & R40 Walls.

The upstairs suspended zone has the 1/2” pex-a at 4” on center, 2 loops in each 16” rafter bay.

Hung from smooth 1-hole steel clamps and with plastic 1” split wire loom in each wood hole to prevent any expansion noise.

I expect this to require 120*F SWT at 0*F outside.

I did this 4” OC suspended in my Sons new house in Zone7
    Works great.