Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Mobile home furnace

BigBubba83
BigBubba83 Member Posts: 3
Hello I live in a trailer and the furnace turns on and spills a little diesel out very small amount and u can smell diesel smell for a short time I just replaced the electrodes and nozzle as well as fuel pump and the motor worked fine for a while and then started leaking a little bit when it first turns on any advice on this would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 1,639
    Where does it spill the fuel? Into the furnace? Delayed ignition? Could be a igniter/transformer problem.
  • BigBubba83
    edited March 2018
    Leaks out the bottom of the main housing I got it shut off right now but it also smokes some when it first turns on I dont think so on delayed ignition will look later when I have time but I don't believe it is
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 4,964
    edited March 2018
    You'll have to check a few things from simple to complex
    1. Make sure all fittings are tight, especially unused plugs in the pump, and the bleed fitting.
    2. Check your Z dimension.
    3. Make sure nozzle is on tight, but not too tight.
    4. Fully check the fuel pump with gauges-pressure, vacuum, cut-off.
    If all of that passes, I'd want to see combustion numbers. I'd next check for a cracked heat exchanger.
    I'm leaning towards the fuel pump.
    steve
  • BigBubba83
    Ya that's what a friend said was just replace beginning of the winter though don't want to change it again lol
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 15,837

Ya that's what a friend said was just replace beginning of the winter though don't want to change it again lol

Check number 1. in @STEVEusaPA 's post. If it was replaced recently, I'd be looking for a leak as he suggests.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England