Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Drain Pan Heater ?

Options
2»

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    Wow that seems like a lot. Although I buy line sets in 164 foot rolls. So I lose track of costs, sort of.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    Rob just a heads up .I personally don t use tray wire for mini splits anymore .I have gotten shot down by our electrical inspectors so now we use a rubber coated metallic mc type cable thats approved to run threw interior walls and threw attics or crawl spaces which tray wiring isn t 'We learned the hard way and so did a larger hvac company who did a very large vrf system ouch ,there water tight fitting are not cheap and on multi head units you will need to greenlee another knock out to your 3 control wires ie 3 head unit.Just show ur post peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
    NY_Rob
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    ^ Thanks Clammy....

Funny you mentioned the tray cable...
    Upon inspecting the three linesets that arrived Thursday- it just so happens that the linesets were a little more $$ because (unbeknown to me) they included a "rubber coated metallic mc type cable thats approved to run threw interior walls and threw attics or crawl spaces" that runs the length of the copper lineset Plus an additional 5 ft.
    Since I have that now.. I plan to return the three 50' rolls of tray cable I bought.

Here's the lineset and cable...

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,113
    Options
    Good for you buddy ,i usually use a regular mc cable connector for the indoor unit the approved outdoor connector is huge .Those line set are a vast improvement over armoflex insulation .I wish i could get that type of insulation for my regular ac line set not a pre insulated line set just the insulation Not a huge fan of pre insulated line sets in larger pipe sizes i see alot that where kinked by installers the insulation hides that crap plus usually they just jamming that stuff .peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    Two of the three lineset runs will be pretty easy/straight forward.
    The third run (about 42' total from end to end) entails a 20' section running inside a soffit... with a bay window in the middle of the run. Fun times! :'(