Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TLAOSH revisited

Options
does anyone know if the new lost art book has anything significant added since the first one is it just a revised addition or is there new stuff in it that wasnt in the first

Comments

• gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    just a couple hundred pages more stuff :):)
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    As Gerry said, more than 200 pages.
    Personally I like the spiral bound books better as they will lay flat and fold back, FWIW.
  • quack24
    quack24 Member Posts: 74
    Options
    wow after over 5 years and Im still not done wrapping my head around the fist one
  • quack24
    Options
    i think i saw the spiral bound one for sale on amazon
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    JUGHNE said:

As Gerry said, more than 200 pages.
    Personally I like the spiral bound books better as they will lay flat and fold back, FWIW.

but the spiral walks itself out of the pages..least mine did..maybe i used it to much :D
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,293
    Options
    The Lost Art Revisited is an update of the original Lost Art, so while it contains all of the original information, it also contains additional content here and there throughout. For instance, there are new venting capacity charts. There is also a whole new chapter with Frequently Asked Questions.

As one reviewer says, "This book is a treasured possession for me. I have used the information contained in the earlier edition of this book to solve many issues for my customers. The new information is even more eye opening. If you are in heating business in the Northeastern US it is a must for you."

Unfortunately we can't print it with the spiral binding anymore.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • quack24
    Options
    are you offering a trade in discount if i send my old one back
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,544
    Options
    @quack24 , No I don't think your up for a discount. Buy the new one it's well worth it
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    Options
    My old one is signed by the author. I think that makes it worth more.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• Pumpguy
    Pumpguy Member Posts: 659
    Options
    My original is signed by Dan as well.

When I learned TLAOSH was being revisited, I sent Dan more detailed information on Nash Jennings Vacuum Heating Pumps which he kindly added, giving a more detailed explanation of how these units work.

Thanks Dan.
    Dennis Pataki. Former Service Manager and Heating Pump Product Manager for Nash Engineering Company. Phone: 1-888 853 9963

The first step in solving any problem is TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM.
  • ethicalpaul
    ethicalpaul Member Posts: 5,704
    Options
    quack24 said:

are you offering a trade in discount if i send my old one back

I asked Utica Boilers the same thing. No dice. Can you believe it??
    NJ Steam Homeowner. See my sight glass boiler videos: https://bit.ly/3sZW1el
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,706
    Options

The Lost Art Revisited is an update of the original Lost Art, so while it contains all of the original information, it also contains additional content here and there throughout. For instance, there are new venting capacity charts. There is also a whole new chapter with Frequently Asked Questions.

As one reviewer says, "This book is a treasured possession for me. I have used the information contained in the earlier edition of this book to solve many issues for my customers. The new information is even more eye opening. If you are in heating business in the Northeastern US it is a must for you."

Unfortunately we can't print it with the spiral binding anymore.

Were the spiral bound books "home made" so to speak?
    Or mass produced just as the others?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,293
    Options
    @ChrisJ - They were printed in large batches, held as inventory, and shipped out of our office in NY. In 2016 we switched to print-on-demand through Amazon and spiral binding is not an option.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    ChrisJ