Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus gb142

Options
chief
chief Member Posts: 27
My gb-142 is flashing a 6A code (no ionization after ignition) it starts to heat and then locks out after the 4 attempts. I reset it once but it repeated the same sequence. Is there anything I can check? I'm a master electrician and am familiar with trouble shooting. I'd like to get heat tonight with out having to get an emergency service call. Unit has been running excellent all winter so far and has not ever been a problem. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    You can try cleaning the rod ... Have it cleaned ,replace the rod and igniter after 5 few years running ..
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • invermont
    invermont Member Posts: 73
    Options
    I’m not a pro, but I’ve been in the same boat. Don’t clean the sensor rod with sandpaper. I believe. A scotch brite pad is recommended, but you can look that up online. I’ve used a tooth brush. I’ve gotten that signal with just a little bit of crap in my condensate collector. Dump it out, clean it and fill with water again before you put it in. Reach up in the exit from the boiler with your finger to make sure it’s not blocked. If your boiler has never been cleaned now is the time to do it if it’s not to late.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    use a dollar bill to clean it...just aggressive enough to clean off what you need without damaging it..
    Ironmandelta T
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    second the dollar bill, works like a charm.
  • Big Ed_4
    Options
    Best off replacing the sensor ...But! in an fix ....Clean with an fine grade steel wool , just clean off the burnt grim ... The GB is an old work horse ....
  • Big Ed_4
    Options
    The igniters wear down , and the control does not get enough signal .. One you have to replace ...
  • chief
    chief Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, unit is heating again. I was going to have the unit serviced this spring, that date just got moved up a couple of months.