Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

monoflo tee problem?

Options
Spigs
Spigs Member Posts: 2
We just installed 4 Buderus panel radiators in a basement zone connected to a Knight boiler. The main loop is 3/4" and we used monoflo tees on both supply and return spaced as far apart as the rads. I followed all of Dan's guidelines I thought to make sure this system would work well, as I know sometimes these rads below the main can be difficult to bleed. There is no air in the zone. The rads do have a valve built into them and I have them all fully open. The loop is circulating and hot but I can't get the water to divert and circulate to all 4 rads. My only thought is that the TACO OO7 is not strong enough for this setup and am thinking of installing the TACO OOe in its place. Has anyone else had this issue or have any advice on what the problem could be.

The zone is relatively small about 20k btu. Piping of main loop is only about 50' long. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Robert_25
    Robert_25 Member Posts: 527
    Options
    Sounds like there is too much pressure drop through the radiators.

Did you use one monoflow tee for each, or two?
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    With Buderus panels make sure the supply is connected to the supply on the radiator .. Which is the second , not the first from the end .... It will not work if backwards ...

Also the plastic cap should be loose ... Turned all the way in shut's the valve down ..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,536
    Options
    you should have no problem getting 20k out of a 3/4 loop. I agree it sounds like the radiators have more restriction than the main
  • Spigs
    Spigs Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I did use two monoflo's. The rads are piped correctly, we just installed about ten more of these on the first and second floor with no problems. I do know that the plastic cap is tight on all of these basement rads as I was just out there making sure they were fully open, are you sure the cap should be loose? I could have sworn the others on the first and second floor were all tight, I know the basement ones are too, that would be awesome if that was the answer to this!
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    yes loose , turning in pushes on the needle valve to restrict the flow ... There are other adjustments under the cap .. Used For balancing. .. It adjusts the diameter for amount of Flow .. You aline the setting to the dimple in the brass . "N" is fully open

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Ironman
  • Gilmorrie
    Gilmorrie Member Posts: 185
    Options

were the two monoflo tees orientation reversed? They need to be.