Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Who sells Vent-Rite #1?

Options
I can't seem to find a mainstream sales source for Vent-Rite #1 radiator vents. The sites I find seem a bit suspicious -- as if they are store fronts with some sort of back-end source distributor. Why no Supply House or Amazon availability? Any tips on a legit source for these vents?

Comments

• gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    Options
    Were are you located? If it is near Boston Republic Plumbing Supply almost always have them in stock.
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    I bought mine on Amazon. Took 5 business days.
  • Motorapido
    Motorapido Member Posts: 307
    Options
    I see they are listed as Emerson Swan 1 on Amazon. It appears that Emerson Swan is the owner of the Vent-Rite brand. Amazon should improve its search for this valve and simply list it as Vent-Rite #1, which seems to be the common parlance for this vent. Dag -- $39/each. I will be buying 4, and possibly 7 depending on how much slowing I need to do on my hotter radiators to get my cooler radiators to heat up at the same rate.
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    Not cheap. But so, so easy to dial in balance on a system.

Really like the valve. Although I have 1 that seems to vent a little slow. Had it set to 8, and wasn't venting much more than a #4, should have been closer to a #5. Venting drops dramatically below setting 4. But I have some similar issues with Hoffman 1A. Below setting 2, things get a little muddy.
  • gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    Options
    I like the vents but found that the calibration of the dial seems inconsistent. I had 3 of the same radiators in 3 rooms all along the same main, if I set them all at 4 they will all heat/vent at very different rates. One sounded like a tea kettle and another is silent. Switched to Hoffman 40's now that I have the mains venting correctly and added a vaporstat, now everything is quiet and even. If you are trying to balance the radiators I would start in the basement with the main vents.
  • Bio
    Bio Member Posts: 278
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not found
  • Mike Cascio
    Mike Cascio Member Posts: 143
    Options
    If you want a fixed rate vent the ventrite #11 is an excellent vent. Its rate is slightly faster than a Hoffman #40 but slower than a Gorton #5.
  • RPK
    RPK Member Posts: 99
    Options
    My local Sid Harvey’s branch carries them.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Probably one of the lower cost sources:

https://ordering.fwwebb.com/woitem/496*1
    Marc_18