Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My computer is now up and running HELP!!!

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
I am up and running just have none of my created files over the last 40 years all gone.

Also my e-mail addresses are gone. So it would be a great help if you have been on my e-mailing list over the past years and want to continue then send me an e-mail so I can re enter your address and keep you posted in my once a month mailing.

My -email is gastc@cox.net
Mark Eatherton

Comments

• adambnyc
    adambnyc Member Posts: 260
    Tim, real sorry for this PIA. No chance you have an old computer or old hard drive that you used to use laying around in storage somewhere?
  • adambnyc
    adambnyc Member Posts: 260
    When you sent emails to your distro groups, where were those groups created? What email client or service were you using? I see you have a cox.net address, so I’m guessing you use POP with local outlook?

Have you tried logging into your cox.net address directly from a web browser? Might be some stuff there.
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,560
    That's why backups are important. You didn't say why your emails disappeared or what you were doing that may have caused this to happen. My suggestion, without further knowledge, is to go to a previous restore point if it is a windows computer and see if that restores your email program. Why were you not up and running?