Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

manifold identification

naver2
naver2 Member Posts: 2
Can anyone help me identify the manifold shown in the pictures attached? I can find no identification on it. it was installed in 2010 for radiant basement slab heating. There is a slight leak where one of the pex tubes (1/2 inch) enters, and I understand i need to know the manifold to get the right replacement fitting/adapter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021
    what brand tubing is connected to it? Sometimes that is a clue. A name on the plastic caps?

So many of those Euro manifolds out there, there must be hundreds of companies extruding them.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • naver2
    naver2 Member Posts: 2
    Unfortunately, no markings anywhere, not even the plastic caps. The tubing had some faint lettering or numbering, but i couldnt make out any brand names.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    That tubing looks like a Viega heat pex version. Prob a SDR9 diameter tubing.
  • hot_rod
    looks like the leak is running down from the top, actuator tread? often you can disassemble them, dry off and use some pipe dope, to reseal a small leak.

There are O-ring seals on the top and bottom connections, usually.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Looks like Uponor.

Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,272
    Hello, Three thoughts come to mind. First, is there a way to find out who installed it back in 2010? They would certainly know who made the manifold. Next, do the pressure gauges have any ID? If so, contacting them, showing them these photos and asking what manufacturer they supply with their gauges? Lastly, maybe the leak is fixable with some teflon or? I might just take it apart and have a look. ;)

Yours, Larry
  • hot_rod
    Also the pex connection threads R-20 are fairly interchangeable between brands. The glitch would be if you have an odd metric diameter tube.

Measure the OD, standard pex is the same OD as copper tube, called CTS. So 1/2" pex would be 5/8 OD, 3/4 pex 7/8" OD.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,425
    I think it is a Chinese stainless steel manifold manufactured by Rifeng. http://www.rifeng.com
  • HomerJSmith
    You can always make a tight seal on threaded fittings on a manifold with 'Lock Tight' or 'Lock n Seal' if you have a problem seal.

Go to PEX UNIVERSE for parts--www.pexuniverse.com/radiant-heat-manifolds
  • HomerJSmith
    I buy my EPDM o-rings from http://www.oringsusa.com/

On one job, I had odd sized pex and was using Caleffi manifolds and the adapter range were smaller than the ID of the pex tube, so I bought EPDM o-rings that were a little larger to make up the difference. WALLA, worked perfectly.