Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige Triangle Tube 110 DHW open sensor error code E33? Help!

Options
bushman432
bushman432 Member Posts: 17
Hello, The title just about says it all. We have a 5 year old system that is displaying the E33 error code. Of course it's Saturday and I cant call in for service. Any ideas on a fix? We have hot water going to the heating and the DHW so far, but not sure if that is going to change, hopefully not. Thanks!

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    If the attached manual is the one for your boiler, that error is an open DHW temp sensor.
    You could have a loose or bad sensor.
    My guess is that you have a switch and someone accidentally changed the DHW setting in the boiler to sensor.
    A picture of the water heater sensor well would help. It probably has a small diameter wire going into it
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    bushman432j a_2
  • bushman432
    bushman432 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you so much Zman! I was trying to increase the temperature and inadvertently switched the unit to "sensor" mode. Once I moved control back to the "switch" everything started working again. Extra bonus, the hard copy manual that came with the unit didn't even contain this error, and your PDF manual does. We really appreciate your help.
  • Zman
    Options
    No problem. You can probably guess how I knew that was the issue. I'e done that....
    Albert Einstein
  • alanjb
    alanjb Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I just discovered the exact same problem, and I know absolutely nothing about this stuff. Can someone explain to me how to change the unit from "sensor" mode to "switch"??? Thanks.
  • Zman
    Options
    The instructions are in the manual posted in the above post^
    Albert Einstein