Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

retrofit honeywell cs82a matchbook powerpile wall furnace

Options
wuoshi1031
wuoshi1031 Member Posts: 1
Hi everyone, I recently came across this faulty William Furnance using a milivolt gas valve system.
Upon some trouble shooting, it seems the thermopile is only putting out ~450 millivots
The gas valve opens and fires up fine when I by pass it with 1000 milivot used battery.

Question is: I can't seem to find a replacement thermopile in this style (honeywell cs82a matchbook powerpile)

Does anyone have any recommendation for a comparable replacement? I am thinking retrofitting it with Robertshaw 1820-019 PG9 Left Hand Pilot Generator and Thermopile. Is there a difference between left and right hand pilot?

Anything to watch out for with the retrofit? I looked up some old forum posts and noticed that some member suggest a possible pilot light turn down and main burner turn down....

any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    I want to help you but am going through a computer problem that encrypted all my files. If you call me at 401-437-0557 I can get your mailing address and send you a complete step by step procedure to replace the CS82 pilot. Call 401-437-0557 I will be in all day due to snowstorm.