Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus 2107 Logamatic - how to raise the factory default temperature in the Day and Night modes

Options
DOCatRU
DOCatRU Member Posts: 2
Hi folks:

I have a Buderus 2107 Logamatic controlling a Buderus oil fired boiler feeding Buderus hot water radiators in an old house in Vermont. We purchased the house a year ago.

I would like to raise the factory default temperature limit in the Day and Night modes from 70 F to something a little higher. This would allow me to use my Buderus remote control thermostat to be able to raise the temperature in the house upon demand.

I downloaded the Logamatic manual, but can't quite figure out how to get the controller on the boiler to let me raise the temp. I have tried selecting temerature using the button and rotating the dial, but no joy.

Any advice and detailed instructions?

thanks,

DOC

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Press and hold the "day" button while rotating the dial.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Raising and lowering the temp setting will probably use more energy.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • DOCatRU
    DOCatRU Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks, Ironman. It is an old, drafty house, so when the temperature drops to -teens it would be nice to be able to bump up the thermostat above the factory limit of 70 degrees.

I know it will use more oil, but we would only do it when we have extreme low temperatures outside.
  • mxfrank
    mxfrank Member Posts: 22
    Options
    I assume by "Buderus thermostat", you mean a BFU? If you're trying to control this with a standard thermostat alone, you may want to have your installer add a BFU, which will vary boiler jacket temperature based on room temperatures.

Rotating the dial on the BFU should increase the setpoint for daytime temperature. The BFU should override the settings in the main control unit. If you don't want any nighttime drop at all, the easiest thing to do is to just hit the day button. As long as AUT isn't lit, it won't set back. If you want to adjust the setback, open the BFU (insert a screwdriver in the bottom slot and twist) and find the two radial switches. The upper one (marked BK) should be set to 1. The lower one (marked with a moon) sets the nighttime differential (drop) in degrees Celsius. By default, it's in position 4 which corresponds to about an 8-9F degree drop from the selected day temp.

If none of this works, my question would be whether the BFU was ever defined to the Logamatic. Your manual shows the procedure for getting into the setup menu. Make sure REMOTE1 is "ON".
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    The thermometer in the triangle , top right under lid . Press and rotate knob for inside set point
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all