Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiator will not heat up

mcp1
mcp1 Member Posts: 79
I have a 1loop, single zone system with a new boiler. All my radiators heat up except one on my second floor. I change the valve & the Varivent on the radiator, but it still isn't heating up. any suggestions on what could cause this problem?We leave the door to the room open because the 2nd floor of my house it's really hot. I believe it's from my open staircase which acts like a flue. We keep the house at 60°, but the upstairs feels like 85°. Any suggestions on how to regulate that as well?

Comments

• mcp1
    I just went in my basemen to touch the pipe that leads to the riser which goes to the radiator that's not heating up. One end of the pipe is hot while the other end is ice cold. What could cause this blockage, and how could I remedy it? Should I remove the pipe & just replace it?
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    In all probability, the pipe that feeds that radiator either has no pitch back to the main or it is pitched the wrong way causing water to pool in the area where the pipe turns to go up to the second floor or that horizontal pipe in the basement has a sag in it causing water to pool in that sag. If those things are correct,make sure the radiator is pitched towards the supply pipe so that water can run back to the boiler.
    mcp1
  • mcp1
    Thank you, I'll give that a shot