Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for part number for lochinvar?

Options
kalex1114
kalex1114 Member Posts: 104
Hello all

I have a KHN-110 boiler and BradfordWhite SW-2-65-L indirect. Bradford white is connected via honeywell aquastat and its driving me nuts that I can't get the DHW information on the boiler. I want to get the tank sensor but I don't know what kit model I need.

Anyone have the part numbers needed?

I think replacement should be fairly simple since I beileive bradford white uses drywell for aquastat.

Thank you

Alex

Comments

• phosgene
    phosgene Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Not sure what your asking for?
    Programming on boiler
    Tank sensor for boiler or
    Aquastat for hot water tank ?
  • kalex1114
    Options
    Sorry looking to replace aquastat on indirect that is wired into my boiler with tank sensor that actually reports temperatures back to the boiler

I'm looking for the part number of the tank sensor
  • Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    Options
    It should be in the manual
  • kalex1114
    Options
    Didn't see it in the boiler manual. I think it comes standard with lochinvar tanks. Let me see if i can find it in there
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Your boiler came with a sensor for the DHW well. You just need to get a new one and change the setting from switch to sensor. I believe it is a 10k but you would need to double check that.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    Mark Eatherton
  • G Averill_2
    G Averill_2 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Lochinvar supplies the sensor with the Squire series (SDT & SIT) indirect fired water heaters, so that is where the part number is listed.
    The part number is #100208545, description is ' thermostat sensor'. Lochinvar shows 22 in current stock in three of their locations.
  • kalex1114
    Options
    @Zman my boiler came with system supply sensor. I'm guessing its a same one?

@GAverill is that all i need or is there a kit that i need to get? well fitting, high limit sensor etc?
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    It will be the same resistance. If it fits in the well, you should be good to go.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • kalex1114
    Options
    Its already used for system. So i guess i need to order another kit
  • kalex1114
    Options
    here is what i have now

• Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    Options
    Double check, you may need the sensor well also
  • G Averill_2
    G Averill_2 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    I measured one in stock. The actual bulb is approximately
    3/8" o.d. x 1 3/4" long. It has a light wire piece attached to help it to be inserted into a dry well, two wire connection to the KHN board.
  • ced48
    ced48 Member Posts: 469
    Options
    I believe you are looking for TST20015 Thermostat Sensor. This sensor is not supplied with their boilers, just their indirect tanks.
  • kalex1114
    Options
    @ced48 - I think thats what i need. Thank you

@GAverill Thank you. Can i order one through you?
  • ced48
    edited December 2017
    Options
    No, but any Lochinvar supplier will have, or order, or online at Boiler and Pump Supply-
  • kalex1114
    Options
    Quick question. So I found the TST20015 and about to order it. Once it arrives, I just remove the aquastat from the auqastat well on the Bradford White tank and insert the TST20015 into the same well? Am I correct on this? Then run the wires back to the boiler and attach them to the correct terminals?

Thank you
  • ced48
    Options
    Yes-
  • kalex1114
    Options
    Thank you
  • kalex1114
    Options
    Follow up. I ended up ordering TST30018 and replaced the aquastat. It was an easy swap and i just moved the 2 wires from thermostat wiring to tank sensor wiring. Only issue i discovered is that because the sensor is all the way on to bottom of the tank its slow to react and by the time it reaches to temp top of the tank is about 15-20 degrees hotter
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Options
    For another application, I will use a tekmar sensor on the larger Triangle Tube tanks because the lead wires are longer than Lochinvar's...both 10K ohms.
    Steve Minnich
  • kalex1114
    Options
    The well is not that deep on the tank and its all the way on the bottom. Not sure how I can improve this
    Here is a picture of the tank and the sensor well. Its circled in red.