Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler pics.

Options
Harvey Ramer
Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
NTI combi powering 8,000 sf of radiant and DHW.
psb75STEVEusaPASolid_Fuel_ManJohn Mills_5HVACNUTnjtommyD107DZoroTinman

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Wow! That is beauty & perfection.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

adasilvaHarvey Ramer
  • NY_Rob
    NY_Rob Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
    Excellent, clean and simple!
    Super job!!
    Harvey Ramer
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Very nice! who do you buy those expansion tank bracket things from?
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    I get the tank brackets from supplyhouse.com.
    delta T
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    I love love love the ability to pipe a radiant system direct to the boiler! It's great when that works out!

If the two big red radiant zones are not calling will the 2 or 1 small black zone be able to meet the min flow for the boiler? Or is that not an issue with the NTI?
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options

I love love love the ability to pipe a radiant system direct to the boiler! It's great when that works out!

If the two big red radiant zones are not calling will the 2 or 1 small black zone be able to meet the min flow for the boiler? Or is that not an issue with the NTI?

This boiler actually has built-in primary secondary piping within the boiler cabinet. Not that it's needed on this job.

The 2 small zones are for the 2 bathrooms. They are controlled with straight-body TRV's. The one on the right has a direct mount operator. The one on the left has a remote mount control for the operator. They only get flow when one of the big zones call for heat. But, since the system is running an ODR curve, they get plenty of flow.
    delta T
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Very nice, sir!
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    Harvey Ramer
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    What brand of manifolds are those?

P/M me and tell me your cost and sorce, please.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Hey Harvey looks good, which model NTI is that? Looks like Tx151c but that doesn't have built in primary secondary piping?
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    Harvey Ramer
  • Tom_133
    Options
    Ok with a little research I think it may be a Vmax153. So how much hot water do you think you are really getting? The problem many had when Triangle tube had a similar model (prestige excellence) was guys were mistakenly installing them where the customer had a soaker tub, and it ran out too soon. I saw the numbers on this Vmax and it seems impressive, just wanted real world numbers
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    @Tom
    It is the VM153P. I can't really tell you about the real world hot water production. I only have 2 utility sink/tubs connected at this point. Reason I choose this one is for the small indirect built into the boiler. It keeps the boilers from firing every time someone washes their hands.

I would like to add something. This boiler requires a mixing valve on the DWH. I didn't put one in because they want the hotter water for washing misc crap in the utility sinks.
    With the DWH set at 120, it produces 140 degree water for a while. Has to do with sensor placement I believe.
  • Tom_133
    Options
    I noticed the lack of mixing valve but knowing your work, I assumed the best and you confirmed it. How do you find jobs that allow such a clean room? Im stuck in every 1850s basement dungeon imaginable.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    Tom said:

I noticed the lack of mixing valve but knowing your work, I assumed the best and you confirmed it. How do you find jobs that allow such a clean room? Im stuck in every 1850s basement dungeon imaginable.

This one was new construction. And since i was involved from the inception of the project, I was able to plan everything before the project even started. That was nice.

I work in plenty of old basements as well :)
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Nice. 16 loops for 8000sf?
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    edited December 2017
    Options
    > @Paul Pollets said:
    > Nice. 16 loops for 8000sf?

Yes. Some are spaced at 18" some at 15" and some at 1'. And the red tubing is 5/8", allowing for longer runs.
  • Tom_133
    Options
    Good catch Paul.

Thanks Harvey just ordered those brackets off Supplyhouse.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
    Harvey Ramer
  • cwilliams2000
    cwilliams2000 Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Wow, now that's my idea of a boiler room! Looks like an operating room.
    Harvey Ramer
  • john p_2
    john p_2 Member Posts: 367
    Options
    Gorgeous job, well done. Love the red bracket for the expansion tank, as mentioned earlier.
    Only comment/question...why the reddish brown color in the acid neutralizer chips already, if system is brand new?
    Harvey Ramer
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    I installed a Noble NKC 199 this past week and also noticed condensate rust colored. Think maybe heat exchanger oils? I cleaned the drain and seemed to run clear 2 days later....
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    I honestly can't tell you about the rust colored condesate. I noticed it as well.

What @Dennis said makes sense.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    That is truly a professional job....Guys like you raise the bar...
    Harvey Ramer
  • dfehr401
    dfehr401 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Who ever installed that might have OCD lol. That is awsome i wish my plumber was that good.
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    > @john p said:
    > Gorgeous job, well done. Love the red bracket for the expansion tank, as mentioned earlier.
    > Only comment/question...why the reddish brown color in the acid neutralizer chips already, if system is brand new?

I talked to NTI about the condensate coloring the neutralyzer. They said it is perfectly normal with this boiler.
    DZoro
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    Nice professional job, and I am sure the client will show it off!
    I would want the kill switch a little farther away from the boiler, however!—NBC
    Harvey Ramer
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,953
    Options
    Neat & squared away, soldier. Carry on! Great clean work Harvey. Mad Dog
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options

Nice professional job, and I am sure the client will show it off!
    I would want the kill switch a little farther away from the boiler, however!—NBC

The load center is right outside the door to the room with the circuit breaker for the boiler clearly marked.
  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    Options
    so happy to see people understand high efficiency and the benefits to them and the environment, great looking boiler room,nice clean piping design, top notch work, wish more people in my area wanted systems such as this
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
    Harvey Ramer
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Nice job Harvey!
    What brand is the air separator you are using, and why does it have what appears to be two caps on it?
    Rick
    Harvey Ramer
  • Shane_2
    Shane_2 Member Posts: 191
    Options
    Nice Job,

Like the Watts RBFF as well. Been using them on every boiler install since the Watts rep gave them away here on the Wall many years ago.
    Was wondering about that air separator as well. Comes with the pump flange?
    Shane
    Harvey Ramer
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    That second port is a vacuum breaker for quick system drain down?

I like that flexcon x tank bracket.

Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    The air sep is a Watts flanged micrbubble air seperator. An excellent space saver. It gets the job done, but not quite as quickly as a caleffi or spirovent.
    The one cap is for rapid air release, such as system filling. The other cap remains loose for normal venting.
    rick in Alaska