Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Boiler not reaching Temp.

Options
I have a Burnham Revolution RV6NSL-L2 which starts when temp. drops to 160* and stops at 180*.
The low limit is set at 210*
I recently replaced the Honeywell aquastat and the system circulatory which was leaking into its electrical compartment. It was not operating.
The boiler was not coming on prior to the replacement of the aquastat. and the temp. was only getting to 180* before (and after) the circulatory was replaced.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Do you have heat?
    Why do you want temps higher than 180?
    Low limit set at 210. Do you mean manual reset high limit?
    If the boiler is making temp, then something else is going on.
    More info and pics would help.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,550
    Options
    180 degrees as @HVACNUT pointed out should be enough to heat a building, maybe you would need 190 when it's 0 deg out
    kennethruiz
  • kennethruiz
    kennethruiz Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Thanks for responding.
    Yes I have heat and it is all radiant which only requires 180 at most. However, It was struggle to keep up to temp. as was my HW, which is via a 65 gal superstor storage tank when the outside temp. dropped to the low 20s.
    I have had a similar problem in the past when the temps dropped into the single digits but not the 20s.
    I went to take a look and found what I described in the first post
    So the reason I thought the boiler should heat to 210 was because of the sticker on the inside of the boiler jacket next to the aquastat Reads: Do Not Set Limit control below 210.
    Also, I have read post on this forum that suggested the same for the Revolution Boiler

After all of that, I believe I am getting the 210* now that the new boiler circulator-inside the boiler jacket (not system circulator as I first indicated) is installed with the flow in the correct direction-oops long night.
    The gauge is still reading 180 when the boiler shuts down, but the temp climbs within 10-15 seconds.
    The Sensory is 10" down the pipe from the gauge closer to the tank.
    The Temp was not climbing with the dead circ. or the wrong flow direct.
    Still Having a problem with heat and HW. I think it may be the Wirsbo proMix control and or the Bilmo 3-way mixing valve.
  • rbeck
    rbeck Member Posts: 56
    Options
    The sensor for the VS3000 should be mounted at 12 o'clock high on the supply pipe and the end of the sensor must touch the iron boiler casting.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Do you have in floor radiant? In slab? If so you will never get to 180, I hope. Tell us more about the system.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein