Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dunkirk 95M-200 Boiler Shut off

Options
Kes
Kes Member Posts: 3
The boiler digital display planel does not stay on and the boiler doesn't heat. I have to turn off the power to the boiler, wait a few minutes (about 5) and then turn the power back on. The boiler then starts and heats for a while. The length of time that the boiler functions normally is erratic. Any ideas of what the problem is? I have had all of the "experts" in and they have no clue. The last company said I should just get a new boiler. This one was installed in 2010. Thank!

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    I could be one of several things:
    1. Check the low voltage monitor. It may or may not have one from that age.
    2. Check the low water cut off probe. It may need to be cleaned.
    3. Check the ribbon cable between the display and the control module.
    4. The control module may be going bad. If so, you MUST get one with the same revision number so the programming will be correct.

You've had no "experts" there yet, just clueless clowns masquerading as technicians.

Call ECR tech support and ask them for a qualified tech in your area. Also, check the contractor locator on this site.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Kes
    Options
    Thank you! ECR was actually out here with the previous home owner and they thought they fixed it...I'll try contacting them myself and see what happens.
  • Kes
    Options
    Contacted ECR and they said there aren't any service techs in the area!!!! Why would anyone buy a Dunkirk boiler? :(
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Where are you located?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.