Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Find A Contractor

Options
I recently signed up to be listed on Dan's Find A Contractor because I scored a great job from a guy who got my name off Heating Help. I felt it was time to support all of Dan's efforts to educate us and provide an indispensable forum for professionals and homeowners interested in hydronics. Also as a way to get more work! I'm the only one listed in California which is a heck of a lot better exposure than the yellow pages or general Internet advertising.
Surprisingly, Alaska, New Hampshire, Vermont and a lot of other cold states have zero contractors signed up and I know there are Heating Help regulars that could use more exposure. Thirty bucks a month is cheap and I think you'd be surprised at the response you would get. You should at least try it out for a year, no?
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
Erin Holohan HaskellStuckWithSteamCLamb

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,282
    Options
    Thank you Alan! I would add it makes it much easier for those of us on the wall who aren't contractors -- such as myself -- to keep track of whom we could recommend, too.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    CanuckerPaul S_3Grallert
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Alan,

You have successfully guilted my into it, after today I will no longer be a leech. I will sign up for Vt. I am curious if it will fix my posting numbers.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Thanks, Alan. I suspect you'll be getting a LOT more good work in the days to come. I wish I could take credit but I retired two years ago and Erin has owned the business ever since. She's increased the number of users on this site by 82%, which to me is amazing because I was never able to do that. Not even close. And many of those new users are younger homeowners who are savvy and open to new ideas. Erin is smarter than I am and I'm so proud of her.

Contractors should take advantage of what Erin is building for them here. Sometimes opportunity doesn't knock; It kicks in the door.

Retired and loving it.
    Erin Holohan HaskellCanuckerNew England SteamWorks
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,284
    Options
    Thanks so much! The new generations of homeowners are tech savvy and if they have a heating problem, they'll Google it. And that brings them to Heating Help and your listing.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    New England SteamWorks
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,922
    Options
    As I've said previously, it's the best advertising R.O.I. I ever did. When I was contracting with Triple Crown and now with my consulting. Mad Dog
  • Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    Options
    I have noticed that the business listing link does not appear under a post on the mobile page.
    Maybe it's just my phone?
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Options
    @Harvey Ramer are you talking about your signature on your posts?
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    > @Erin Holohan Haskell said:
    > @Harvey Ramer are you talking about your signature on your posts?

Yes I am. The signature is a link that takes you right to your profile in the "Find a contractor" page I believe?
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Options

> @Harvey Ramer are you talking about your signature on your posts?

Yes I am. The signature is a link that takes you right to your profile in the "Find a contractor" page I believe?

Thanks, Harvey. Yes, contractors can set up signatures to link to their listings, as you have, but I see what you mean about mobile. I'll look into this and get back to you soon.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    > > @Erin Holohan Haskell said:
    >
    > > @Harvey Ramer are you talking about your signature on your posts?
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes I am. The signature is a link that takes you right to your profile in the "Find a contractor" page I believe?
    >
    > Thanks, Harvey. Yes, contractors can set up signatures to link to their listings, as you have, but I see what you mean about mobile. I'll look into this and get back to you soon.

Thanks!
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Options

> > @Erin Holohan Haskell said:

>

> > @Harvey Ramer are you talking about your signature on your posts?

>

>

>

> Yes I am. The signature is a link that takes you right to your profile in the "Find a contractor" page I believe?

>

> Thanks, Harvey. Yes, contractors can set up signatures to link to their listings, as you have, but I see what you mean about mobile. I'll look into this and get back to you soon.

Thanks!

Signatures are now up on mobile. Thanks!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    Harvey Ramer
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,922
    Options
    Harv. I think I had the same issue, but Erin took care of it. Mad dog
    Harvey Ramer
  • Harvey Ramer
    Options
    Thanks again @Erin Holohan Haskell , for doing that. It made a big difference. I instantly started getting several leads a week after you made the change.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Options

Thanks again @Erin Holohan Haskell , for doing that. It made a big difference. I instantly started getting several leads a week after you made the change.

Thanks for helping us improve, Harvey. That's great to hear.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com