Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiator vent location

Options
2»

Comments

• mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    I probably misspoke because float type lwco still works. It’s installed as factory manual says. It trips just under the min line, which is just barely above the bottom of sight glass.

This boiler is more wide and short than tall and skinny. I think it’s 18 or 21 gallons for steam application. Takes a long long time to drain out the 3/4” drain.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    You know, at the end of the day, it sounds like you are trying to fine tune a system that has a lot of embedded issues, mostly installation and probably a lack of maintenance for some number of years, maybe before you inherited it. Until you are able to correct the near boiler piping, get an equalizer on there, get an operating and maintained LWCO, hold the water in the boiler where it should be and whatever else you know it needs, you are wasting your money on more vents. Venting isn't your issue, it's all the other system defects. You simply may have to wait until it's time to replace the old boiler, then have the installation done right.
  • mikeg2015
    mikeg2015 Member Posts: 1,194
    Options
    I choose to live in denial.

I think of it as a hobby as well. Thanks for all the feedback. Always learning and like a challenge.

A good cleaning should fix the Lwco. Was working ok for a couple weeks after I scraped some gunk out of it but still hanging up unless I tap it. But could be the switch itself.