Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hydro therm boiler flame keep turning off

Options
lubu726
lubu726 Member Posts: 3

The burner flame keep turn off after couple mins not the pilot light. To turn the flame back on, I need to switch the power on and off and sometime the flame stay lit , most other time i need to do it couple times for it to stay lit. My friend said to change the thermostat and remove the air from the boiler so I did both of that, but the trouble still not resolve. There are 3 zones for my boiler with 3 thermostats. The blue top is for basement, the middle is for my bedroom but both of the thermostats always shut. The bottom is the main zone with the new thermostat I just install to heat the whole house. If anyone can give some tips to what I can do to resolve this issue,

Thank you

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    Seems like it might be a faulty pilot generator or gas valve.
    That's an old boiler. Probably hovering about 60% efficient. Think about replacement.
    What's with the blue electrical conduit? Is that to code where you're located?
  • lubu726
    lubu726 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Never notice it when i bought the house 10 years ago. How much would new boiler cost these day ?
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Probably just need to pull out the pilot and clean the thermopile and make sure you have a nice blue pilot flame. It really is time to have a pro look at that boiler.