Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hellish apartment!

Options
paulqu
paulqu Member Posts: 1
My apartment is too hot, can't even sleep when it's 30 outside!
Seems like the whole apartment has only one (very long!!) radiator that goes from the bedroom to the living room...
Not quiet sure if this is a 1-pipe system or 2-pipe.. There a valve that says "Hoffman Specialty", which I think is a Hoffman 508. It has an automatic and a manual setting (not quiet sure what this is). Photos included.

Any idea how I can regulate the heat? Or at least be able to turn it off when I need to?

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    You need to take a step back and provide a lot more information.
    A picture of the radiator and a description on the building would be a good start.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
    kcopp
  • AnthraciteEnergetics
    Options
    Hot water single zone, based on the soldered copper and bleed caps. No thermostat in your unit I'm guessing? Any valves at the beginning of the radiator?

Ive seen buildings like this and tenant was able to throttle the water going through their unit.

If you dont have valves and building staff isnt helpful try putting blankets or cardboard over part of the radiator (s) to reduce heat output. Not pretty but it works.
    MilanD
  • Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    Options
    You can wrap aluminum foil over the elements too to stop air from flowing thru them
    MilanD
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Have you looked under all the panels on the baseboard heater?
    I requires 2 pipes to it, maybe the other end has a valve?