Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thanks to all the veterans

Options
Just wanted to say thanks to all the veterans past and present. Thanks to all for serving, even while knowing you may be chosen at any time to make the ultimate sacrifice, you still had the guts to go and protect this great country. And for that you have my utmost respect. Lee
IronmanLeon82Henryj a_2

Comments

• KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    My father and grandfather. Both served and I am proud of them both.

My father is hit hard on these days, he has one if his men on the wall in DC. I've seen him cry twice in my life, once when his sister committed suicide and once when I took him to that wall.

They are both my heros.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
  • Mike
    Mike Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Is a thank you enough? Without their sacrifice, where would we be today? What would we be able to do? Think about it. We owe them a lot. We owe them respect.
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,478
    Options
    I watched a good documentary on the Vietnam War last night, this episode was at the tail end when we finally went over the border and found humongous caches of weapons and supplies 5 or10 miles over the line in Cambodia. We were forbidden to go there for years for political reasons.

I used to use our old 10watt FM Transceiver late at night to talk to some of the firebases in Vietnam in '69. Look at a map and you will know how far it is from Korea to Vietnam, it helped that I was on mountaintop with zero noise sources anywhere near me, You could hear the fear in some of those voices. If the net was quiet I'd sometimes talk to them, they were happy to talk to someone not in the ****.

Maybe someday we will make the politicians sit on the front line with the grunts so they really understand what they asking of these kids. I'm sick of hearing people like Cheney telling people to put their lives on the line when they have no idea what it's all about.

If something is serious enough to start a war over it should be total war, no holds barred. That's what the Ruskies do and it's what we have to do if we want to be taken seriously.

rant over,

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
    j a_2
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,737
    Options
    @BobC on the rare occasion I get my dad talking about what happened over there it's scary. He tells me when he was flying back he looked out the window at the ocean and said that's the line. He left everything that happened on the other side of the imaginary line, he feels if he brought it home it would have driven him nuts forever.

Some men can't do that. When he talks to my grandfather (mothers father) about it even my grandfather can't relate and he was in WWII. Vietnam was a mess and hopefully a mistake we never repeat.

You are correct, his hands were tied so bad he said sometimes it's like they were unarmed. That isn't a position any soldier should ever be put in.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15