Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Only 1 out of 7 baseboard have heat coming out

Options
House Heating system: Mini Gas Low Pressure Boiler

I have 4 Thermostats in the house (1-Master Bedr, 1-Kids room, 1-computer room, 1-living room)
All 3 rooms are generating heat exept in the living room.
The living room have 7 baseboard and only 1 of them is generating heat

what would caused the other baseboard to not generate any heat?
I check the crawl in, and I can visibly see all the pipes running to each baseboard and i don't see any leak and none of them are warm/hat to touch

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,323
    Options
    This really isn't radiant heating -- but let that go. Is there any way to check for air in the baseboards which aren't operating? That's the most likely problem. You should also check that there is adequate pressure in the system as a whole -- 15 psi is kind of a minimum.

Then if there is, you may have to bleed air out of those baseboards which aren't operating.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Besides air you could have a bad circulator, or malfunctioning zone valve and you only feel heat because of some gravity flow.
    With 4 zones, I would bring out a pro to properly purge the system, and check the equipment.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    Options
    post a picture of the boiler and near boiler piping..step back and get a full view..