Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

heater needed for sunroom

Options
zepfan
zepfan Member Posts: 397
Hoping to get some suggestions on an electric heater to install in a sunroom that is appx. 168 ft2, on grade, and has an eight ft. ceiling. The house is all electric, no gas or oil is available. The home owner has already said no to a mini split because the do not need, or want ac. They are only concerned about heat in the winter. The only place to mount something is above the sliding glass door that you walk through to enter the main house.That spot is appx. eight foot long x two foot high. The rest of the room is sliding glass doors on the three other exposures, so this rules out baseboard.I was hoping to install an electric fan forced heater in the five to seven kw range. The homeowners are currently heating the room with three 1500 watt space heaters. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks to all.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Is the sun room on a slab. How about electric radiant if its not a cold climate?
    Otherwise, I think Walmart has a cheap Chimenea.
    zepfan
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Try this approach...

http://www.radiantsystemsinc.com/
    zepfanZman
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    As Kcopp suggested, we use a lot of these here in cold NE.
    Might take 1 per outside wall, they are low density.
    I would avoid the economy tstats. You want a tight differential for best control.
    zepfanZman
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    @kcopp. I read that link. It states warm floors. We all know heat goes to cold. But hot air rises. In your experience, it that claim true? Is it confined to the location of the heater, and will it provide sufficient comfort to the opposite side of the room?
    zepfan
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    I have never used them. I have seen them used in 1 house here in NH. Placed on the outside walls they will prob be fine. That is a hard to heat area w all that glass.
  • zepfan
    Options
    Thanks to all for the suggestions of this product I am going to look into it
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    kcopp said:
    I have used these often. They are a perfect product for your application.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • zepfan
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone that recommended The comfort cove heaters from radiant systems. I installed two of them for a family member today, and could not be more satisfied with the company that makes them, or the product. I would highly recommend them.
    take care all
    kcoppZman