Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Kitec Defective Tubing Claim date EXTENDED

FYI, the claims date for the class action lawsuit against the manufacturer has been extended to 2020.

http://www.kitecsettlement.com/casestatus.cfm

If you know someone who may have missed the first cut off date, spread the word. There is a HUGE pot of money sitting there, waiting for people to take action. If action isn't taken, the manufacturer gets the pot of money back. SPREAD THE WORD please...

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Does it cover hydronic installations or just plumbing?

Like the Goodyear/Heatway settlement, all the Kitec settlement money 125 million I think will be dispersed.

Any not claimed $$ gets divided between all these that filed at the end.

Although almost magically all the Goodyear $$ got scooped out in the last week.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    edited September 2017
    HR, to the best of my knowledge, it covers all applications where the tubing was used. A few years back, when I spoke to the folks at Kitec, they said they had experienced defects in the tubing as well as the fitting, in closed loop and open loop applications.

Best suggestion I can make is to call a lawyer. (I know, no one WANTS to call a lawyer). I got this information from David Black with Cuneo Gilbert and LaDuca LLP, 303-886-6475 . I've worked with David on previous defective material situations, including E2.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    I ask this question to whoever is responsible for answering inquiries on the settlement site. I'll post their response when I get it.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    Mark Eatherton
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    I would certainly get in the settlement if I had Kitec in my building.
    Of course you still want to get the rebuild in progress before the levee breaks.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • mars_6
    mars_6 Member Posts: 107
    Thats funny to me. Mark I had repiped my entire house in Denver with Kitec that Ford got me at cost. I think i told you I noticed some dezinkification happening just before I sold it and left the states. Repiped the whole house in Uponar. Got the Kitec form filled, sent them some of the fittings as well as some samples of pipe that had started to de laminate and was denied. Pissed me off in a big fashion. Should have got a lawyer I guess. To late now
    Matt Rossi