Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water in basement after installing two buderus boilers

Options
TYph00n58
TYph00n58 Member Posts: 1
In September 2016, I purchased two Buderus G115/4 boilers with two Flo-tech indirect water heaters in my basement. I live in a multi-family house. The basement floor has always been dry. This has been our family home for 58 years. After installing these boilers, I noticed that my basement floor is wet where the boilers were installed. The installer came to my house to diagnose the problem. All the inlet and outlet piping is dry. The only issue I had since the installation was that the aqua stat controller failed on one of the boilers. This boiler was running for a couple of months with this issue as I went through a lot of fuel during that time. The chimney clean out is also dry. Are there any ideas as to where the source of water could be coming from?

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    Did the installer have to split the boiler's to get them in the basement?
    Your going to have to do some detective work. Start by putting buckets under all the relief valves.
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    The new boilers are set up for sealed combustion so they don't pull air from or through the space. Your old boilers probably did pull air through the space helping keep it dry.

Start looking for the usual sources of moisture, outside drainage issues, gutter downspout extensions, improper damp proofing ect.

Pictures would help.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Is the floor actually wet with standing water or just damp sweating?
    As Zman said concerning sealed combustion air inlet may make the difference.

• newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    Options
    pull the jacket off the boiler to see where the condensation is coming from could be leaking from a section gasket, this would be highly unusual as i have installed many buderus boilers and have had no problems, maybe the burner is underfired? this would cause condensation
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
    HVACNUTMilanD